XII National Conference with International Participation
20 November, 2019
Premier Hotel Rus, Kiev, Ukraine
Organizers: Infagro, Dairy Union of Ukraine
At the end of autumn, for the twelfth consecutive year Ukrainian and foreign dairy business representatives will gather in Kiev at the DAIRY BUSINESS-2019 conference. For the majority of the participants, this autumn meeting with colleagues has already become a good tradition. This meeting means the year’s summary, discussion on common problems, marking ways for business development and just ordinary human informal communication with colleagues.
The conference organizers are trying to create the most favorable conditions for the delegates. The recognized domestic and foreign dairy industry experts, representatives of dairy processing companies and milk suppliers, government, foreign embassies, international projects and organizations are invited.
Participants will hear the presentations of the lead industry experts, take part in professional discussions, become familiar with current trends in the dairy market and get new ideas for development of their own dairy business.
Session 1. World dairy industry and dairy prospects of Ukraine
- Ukrainian dairy performance in 2019 and formation of the strategy for its development
- World dairy market. Dairy exports prospects
- The state and the dairy industry
- The main problems of dairy industry. What prevents their decision
- Belarus’s experience in expanding dairy exports
- Main features of dairy industry in Eastern Europe and CIS
Session 2. Focus on consumer of milk products. How to combine traditions and innovations
- Economics of innovation in dairy processing
- Ecology and packaging: convenience for the customer, care for the environment
- Nondairy substitutes for milk. Trends in the world and Ukraine
- Opportunities for modern marketing of dairy products
- Prospects for the Ukrainian cheese market. Will domestic cheese makers compete with European ones?
- A fresh look at traditions of milk packaging.
Session 3. Dairy economy. Milk Production and milk purchase. Where the interests intersect
Invited experts: representatives of milk processing enterprises – directors of milk procurement, heads of dairy farms, representatives of industry professional associations
Topics: Calculating of farmgate milk prices. Approximate P&L of an average Ukrainian farm. State regulators. Cash flow management. How the purchasing power of processors is formed. The share of costs for the purchase of raw milk. Modern and desired states of interaction between milk producers and processors. Their common obstacles. What are their common threats. What is the key contradiction in the discussion of the purchase milk price and where the point of contact is. On the desire and ability to negotiate. What motivation for interaction is more effective: the threat of business decline or stimulation of the profitability growth. Expensive raw milk is the threat of rapid growth in imports of dairy products
Session 4. The strategy of domestic and export sales of dairy products
Invited experts: representatives of international organizations for dairy trade, research companies studying the dairy market, dairy traders, export directors of dairy companies
Topics: General condition of dairy exports of Ukraine. Experience of participation in international trade events. The role of marketing, PR and communications in promotion of dairy products. Features of dairy markets in various regions of the world. The state of export legislation in terms of food trade and related topics.
+380 44 258 2502